Good morning, friends!
I had so much fun getting in the zone and baking on Sunday, I thought I would share my baking prowess. I stumbled upon this recipe via my favourite website Pinterest (of course) and I thought I'd give it a go because it's very simple and requires a little skill with the pie crust and cookie cutter.
If you don't try, you don't get, right? Although when I saw the ease of this recipe I almost immediately set my intention on making it a reality, I always get second thoughts about trying something new. I'm my biggest judge and I'm harsh at myself. But every opportunity for me to outdo myself and battle an inner fear is a victory!
Bottom line, if you want to make people (and yourself) happy, try this:
- Pre-heat your oven at 225 degrees
- Roll out a refrigerated pie crust
- Cut out 1 and half inch circles
- Place a blueberry in middle, sprinkle with brown sugar
- Fold your circle in a half moon shape
- Egg wash your parcel thoroughly on both sides (mix 1 egg with a teaspoon of water for your mix)
- Place on a baking parchment and bake for 10 minutes
- serve warm with ice cream, custard, or simply on its own
I was also able to relax in the middle of planning weddings, baking, and hosting, and it's been a real bliss! I live in a peaceful area of London which my introvert soul is grateful for everyday.
And I hope everyone had a lovely weekend as much as I did!